Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Support my knitting habit!

Well, since I have been knitting things for a number of people lately and everyone seems to want to know what my current projects are I thought I would set up a new blog, and hope that I remember to update it. ;)

If you want to support my knitting habit by having me knit you something, or would just like to donate yarn here are some yardage guidelines:

Lace weight or 2 ply yarns
are mainly used for lace shawls, but can also be used for other projects.
400-450 yards will give you a small shawl such as this Annis shawl



500-900 yards will give you a medium shawl such as this Percy shawl



1200-1800 yards will give you a large shawl such as this Study in Grey shawl



2 strands of lace weight yarn was made to make this Viften sweater (2650 yards)



Fingering Weight,Sock or 4 ply yarn
can also be used for shawls. They can also be used for socks 400 yards are needed for a pair of adult socks. Fingering weight also makes nice scarfs, hats, mittens and baby projects.





Sport weight or 5ply yarn can be used for sweaters and accessories.



Approx 220 yards of color A and 110 yards of color B for a pair of Selbuvotter


DK weight or 8ply yarn can be used for sweaters and other accessories.
720 yards for this Tempting sweater.


Aran or 10ply yarn also makes nice accessories
150 yards for this Spring Beret


200 yards for this Twisted Raveler


If you have any specific project questions please let me know. ;)

1 comment: