Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

11 Shawls in 2011

I love knitting shawls. Last year I joined a rav group set on knitting 10 shawls in 2010, which added fuel to the fire, and I ended up knitting 13 shawls! Now it is 2011 and I am off to a good start at meeting my 11 shawls in 2011 goal ;)

First up was a test knit for a wide but shallow shawl which is perfect to wear around the neck!
Next is a beaded stole knit using 855 yards of lace yarn, destined to be raffled off in the fall at the Harvest Bazaar in my home town of Boulder City NV.


And lastly was the first installment of the Shakespeare in Lace Accessories Club run by http://www.woolywonkafiber.com/. This installment was inspired by the Tempest and will be making it's way to one lucky lady soon ;)
So 3 down, 8 to go! I have one KAL shawl in the works, and a lace & cable stole that I am in the process of designing!

3 comments:

  1. Those are all beautiful! I didn't realize you were from NV, but you have great mountain views where you are now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! ;) I grew up along the West coast, CA, NV & OR. My maid of honor grew up in Los Alamos and I was there for her wedding. It is beautiful there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Shakespeare in Lace pattern and colors!

    ReplyDelete